|Rosewood Creek Public Hearing Postponed|
|Written by Nancy Bowman|
|Wednesday, 20 March 2013 00:00|
The Tipp City Planning Board last week postponed a public hearing on a plan revision for the Rosewood Creek development but not before receiving several comments and complaints from residents unhappy with the delay.
Board Chairman Stacy Wall’s verbal comment about the postponement to those gathering a few minutes before the March 12 meeting’s start time was followed by numerous remarks.
The board spent more time at the meeting hearing those comments than it did on its remaining agenda items. About 30 people were in attendance and left after the Rosewood Creek discussion. Those who signed the meeting sign in sheet lived in the Rosewood Creek development.
Wall explained that Rosewood Creek developer Steve Bruns had filed a request to revise the plan for future development construction and a public hearing was scheduled for March 12. Bruns then notified the city in late February he could not attend and asked the board to table the hearing until its April 9 meeting.
Area residents who received a required notice of the March 12 hearing date were unhappy they had not been notified of the request to postpone the hearing. The board was told the city received Bruns’ request Feb. 28. The city is not required to notify residents of a change in the hearing date.
Matt Spring, city planner, said an updated agenda noting the delay was posted on the city web site, and said residents always are welcome to call the Government Center to confirm a meeting date.
“Mr. Bruns can’t be here tonight. Some of us can’t be here April 9,” one man said.
Residents who asked if they could submit letters to the board were told that was an option. The letters would be reviewed at the public hearing.
Some residents asked the board to go ahead and hold the hearing without Bruns.
Wall said the applicant filed the request, and needed to be on hand for the public hearing on it.
“The purpose of a public hearing is to hear all arguments. We can’t do it tonight,” she said.
None of the residents who spoke indicated why they were interested in the hearing.
Spring said the proposal submitted by Bruns is available for review at the planning and zoning office.
The city staff report on the proposal was prepared for last week’s meeting.
It includes details of the Bruns request along with a staff recommendation that the planning board send a positive recommendation to the City Council. Council will vote on the proposed changes.
The request involves changes to development phases four and five. The developers propose removing all zero lot line and executive lots in those phases and replacing them with “garden” single-family lots and a new “views” single-family lot.
The average acreage in the lot sizes in current plans is: estate, 0.6863; executive, 0.3122; garden, 0.2935; views, not applicable; and zero lot line, 0.1329.