Home Tipp City News Main Street Construction Named Contractor of the Year
Main Street Construction Named Contractor of the Year PDF Print E-mail
Written by Matt Clevenger   
Wednesday, 02 January 2013 00:00

When it comes to award-winning kitchens, Main Street Construction is the team to beat.

The Tipp City-based company has been named Contractor of the Year by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), earning the Miami Valley chapter’s top honors in kitchen remodeling for the sixth time since 2005.

This year, the company was honored for a dramatic kitchen remodeling at a Vandalia home owned by Tim and Cathy Salyer. The project, which transformed the home’s existing 1960s-era kitchen with new oak cabinets and appliances, was also completed on a strict budget and won the company this year’s award in the category of kitchen remodeling under $15,000.

“With the economy being what it is, people are looking to get as much bang for their buck as they can possibly get,” Main Street Construction co-owner Debbie Fritz said last week.

“It’s going to make it comfortable,” she said of this year’s award-winning job. “I don’t like the term user-friendly, but that’s something I always try to incorporate in a kitchen to make it friendly for you to be in that room, so it’s not such a chore to be out there cooking.”

Fritz started Main Street Construction with her husband, Mike Fritz, in 1984, and the company has remained in Tipp City since then. “We use custom cabinets which are built here in Miami County, right outside Tipp City,” she said. “Heirloom Woodwork makes about 90% of our cabinetry. The other 10% is boxed cabinets, which is what we won this year’s award for. Part of it was based on being able to get this kitchen done for under $15,000.”

In past years, the company has also won Contractor of the Year awards in the $15,000-$30,000 and $30,000-$60,000 kitchen remodeling categories. “We do general remodeling, but we specialize in doing kitchens, windows and doors.” Debbie Fritz said. “I do the kitchen end of the business, and my husband does the window and door end of the business.”

“We really work as a team,” she added. “I could not do what I do without him, and I think he would probably tell you that he couldn’t do what he does without me.”

Comments (0)

 
Joomla templates by a4joomla